Head of Procurement
Your new company
Market leading provider to the construction industry.
Your new role
As Head of Procurement you will be responsible for optimising the control of procurement negotiation activities across the Group and ensuring best value is achieved for all goods bought whilst ensuring any risk related to the products, goods and services procured is minimised.
In this role you will:
- Provide an appropriate level of buying/ negotiation/procurement expertise across Group businesses.
- Provide leadership, direction and vision with regards to purchasing to support achievement of business goals.
- Determine the procurement process and ensure service delivery efficiencies, cost reduction, value for money and collaboration whilst maintaining and improving quality of services and goods.
- Develop and implement procurement strategy, policy and procedures to drive out purchasing inefficiencies.
- Leverage advantage from Group membership by utilising existing Group contracts and agreements when and where possible.
- Work across the business to ensure that spend is controlled appropriately. Identify and forge relationships with high spend departments and report on controlled vs non-controlled spend as well as savings achieved.
- Conduct Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Management to gain maximum value through procurement relationships.
- Identify and categorise areas of spend ensuring the efficient use of departmental resources to drive best value for the organisation.
- Ensure best practice is embraced and reflected in working documents and training.
- Collaborate with Building Supplies stock control and other department managers to ensure procurement activity is aligned to business objectives and the attainment of financial results.
- Proactively rationalise the supplier base to drive efficiency.
- Oversee all complex or high risk procurement activities. Assist and guide in evaluation of tender
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably educated to degree level and CIPS Qualified.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of working within a construction industry and knowledge of construction materials extremely beneficial
- Proven track record of procurement successes.
- Expert in Supplier Relationship Management.
- Experience of Goods for Resale environment essential and knowledge of acquisition of capital goods, consumables and utilities preferred.
What you'll get in return
Attractive salary, great benefits and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.