6 days left
- Full Time
Senior Buyer Based in Oxfordshire
Support UK Purchasing Manager as required, including, but not limited to:-
- Manage Strategic Sourcing projects
- Ensure continuity of / compliance to supplier programmes
- Optimise supplier relationships and maximise value
- Actively contribute to PSM team objectives Perform in depth spend analysis and market analysis on targeted areas of spend and across categories
- Support manager in the development and execution of annual saving plans
- Develop and lead negotiations for agreed spend areas to achieve short term and long term savings targets
- Support and if required lead cross functional teams in order to successfully drive complex sourcing projects
- Communicate in a professional and effective way with internal stakeholders in order to support their manager in the necessary buy-in for the sourcing projects.
- Apply appropriate competitive cost and process benchmarks, financial analysis and risk management techniques to solve complex issues
- Support in the implementation of the defined sourcing strategy and preferred suppliers throughout sites in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics.
Generate regular reports for the senior management concerning the categories of spend under their responsibility Qualifications Indirect Senior Buyer, PSM:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Core Competencies required:
- Communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management at both procurement and business unit levels
- Analytical skills (Excel)
- Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques
- Leadership (guiding and influencing others toward the accomplishment of a goal)
- Organisational and planning skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to multi-tas
Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- A levels / Business qualification
- Must have experience
- See Core Competencies above
- Strong experience (1-3 year) in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Business process capability and ability to develop strategic thinking
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English
- Good command of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desirable experience
- P2P systems (Coupa)
- CIPS accreditation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly