A role suited for a well rounded individual with a good grasp on procurement. Large spend and responsibility are some of the key benefits of the role.
The client is a very large charitable organisation with a long standing reputation for its work within the UK. The clients employees are what make it great as they have an infectious passion for helping those in need. This shared ethos also make the company a great place to work.
The role has a large scope as a management position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting employees with procurement of goods and services
- Keep up to date with EU regulations
- Managing procurement autonomously through the end to end process
- Provide training within the organisation about procurement rules
- Advise on future development of procurement function
- Contract management
The successful candidate will:
- be MCIPS qualified or working towards it (highly desirable)
- have a least 2 years experience as a procurement officer/manager
- have a good understanding and knowledge of public sector procurement regulations like OJEU (highly desirable)
- have a working knowledge of EU procurement and experience using Contracts Finder
- be able to demonstrate an ability to work within a team
- have good stakeholder management and be able to present/train to all levels
- have experience in implementation and evaluation of procurement strategies
The candidate will be in a fantastic position to have a great level of autonomy and responsibility within a large organisation. A competitive salary as well as a generous benefits package including flexible working. The opportunity to work within a charitable company will give a great level of satisfaction to see their efforts affect their own communities.