6 days left
- Full Time
Part time Interim role for approx 12 months
To provide procurement related support to the Programme Manager on the ERDF funded Enabling Innovation project including assisting with tendering activities. To provide administrative and procurement related support to the Project Co-ordination & Compliance Officer of the Enabling Innovation Project Team as required. The project which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), is delivered in collaboration with Universities Across the East Midlands and will operate across all parts of the organisation. To provide administrative and procurement related support to other projects funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as and when required.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Training on organisational Processes will be provided, to include: In-Tend tendering system; Microsoft Dynamics CRM database if required; and Procurement policies and procedures. When familiar with those areas, the role holder will be expected to:
- Gathering information from staff in regards to their purchase requirements
- Collating requirements and preparing mini-competition and/or tender documentation as required
- Preparing mini-competition and/or tender documentation
- The obtaining and assessing of quotations, ensuring that suppliers chosen meet project requirements and are selected based on best value for money
- Conducting mini-competitions of available framework agreements as and when required, again ensuring that the chosen supplier meets project requirements and is selected based on best value for money
Provide administrative support to the Enabling Innovation project, and other projects funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as and when required to ensure a full audit trail of procurement to date is filed with the project in line with ERDF requirements Knowledge
- Good knowledge of purchasing principles and processes
- Extensive knowledge of use of IT systems (Microsoft Office, word-processing, databases and spreadsheets)
- Good knowledge of email and internet use
- Basic knowledge of Higher Education Sector and Public Procurement issues
- Basic knowledge of ERDF principles
- Basic knowledge of finance or business
- Knowledge of sustainability in purchasing issues, including equality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly and with initiative
- Ability to multi task and apply good planning and time management skills.
- 4 GCSE's including English and Mathematics
- A business-related further education qualification OR equivalent purchasing/business experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly