IT Procurement Manager
Technology procurement Manager role available for business based in central London.
The new Procurement Manager will have tangible experience in IT procurement, but will operate at times as part of a pooled resource containing other Procurement Managers. The pool will operate in order to ensure resource is available across the department as and when required.
Procurement Managers are responsible for the development & implementation of innovative sourcing plans to deliver business benefits for spend or contract areas assigned from across the procurement portfolio, Sourcing activities will be a mixture of tactical activities and larger sourcing exercises identified in the category strategy developed by the Senior Procurement Manager for their area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will be required to apply their procurement expertise to bring historic spend, stakeholder requirements & supply market information together in the development and implementation of innovative sourcing plans and activities to deliver financial and non-financial benefits within the defined time scales. As well as maintaining awareness of, comply with, and contribute to the further development of procurement policy and process; maintaining accurate and up to date contract, project and savings records on the Ariba system to enable 'right first time' automated reporting. About You The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualifications at application (CV) and at the assessment board:
- Has been trained in the principles, tools and techniques of both basic and advanced negotiation
- CIPS qualified, or working towards CIPS qualification or Supply Chain and Procurement degree
- Fully conversant with the theory and application of modern procurement techniques and tools.
- Good understanding of the dynamics of the supply market place & demonstrates the ability to quickly build in-depth expertise in various category areas.
- Proven experience within the IT category, with experience of purchasing AM and /or AD services
- Good interpersonal skills; able to lead (where appropriate) or fully participate in cross-functional teams and confidently operate at senior levels with internal business and suppliers.
- Proven ability to develop and implement innovative purchasing solutions
- Customer focused
- Value added approach
- Good communicator
- Able to analyse and determine the nature of the optimum relationship to be developed with a supplier and to put in place a structured
- Relationship Management Plan to achieve this
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.