A Procurement Manager based in Leeds to drive strategic procurement activity in a change environment.
Based in Leeds the Procurement Manager will with a strategic procurement programme that delivers 'Value For Money' and cost efficiencies across the organisation. This is a great opportunity for someone to work in an increasingly competitive and pressured market place, high expectations from students and significant financial pressures are challenges faced by the education sector.
- Develop strategic approaches and key policies in relation to Commercial Projects involving all stakeholder groups.
- Deliver commercial management duties on a variety of service contracts, categories & deliver a high standard commercial service to meet primary objectives.
- Provide dedicated support to senior staff across the organisation in respect of contract/ commercial issues including responding to potential contractual disputes.
- Target specific goods, services &/or suppliers to identify how tangible improvements may be made in the procurement of these works, goods and services.
- Deliver value for money & efficiency targets, managing risk, business continuity & quality of support with customer focus.
- Establishing & reviewing KPI's, ensuring performance information is provided & reviewed, external performance benchmarking, managing any performance credit or deduction payment mechanisms, working with the contractor & client to ensure there is service delivery planning, continuous improvement & benefit realisation & reporting.
- Build sustainable stakeholder relationships
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Experience leading procurement teams is in implementation of sourcing strategies across a variety of spend areas
- Proven strategic contract management for high risk contracts, with the ability to demonstrate contract practice & procedures.
- Experience of procurement & contract management including commercial negotiation of significant value and/or risk.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team, working with & influencing key stakeholders of all levels.
- A proven track record of the whole life cycle procurement, contract & relationship management.
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information including risk assessment.
- You will be ideally MCIPS qualified and educated to degree level.
£52000 - £58000