Interim Transport Manager (Nights)
Our client requires an experienced Interim Transport Manager to support the efficient and effective running of their night-shift Transport operation. The Interim Transport Manager will be required to ensure full compliance with all relevant Transport legislation and work closely with the Warehouse operation to ensure the busy night-shift runs smoothly.
Our client are a specialist 3PL operating throughout the UK and Europe.
- Manage fleet utilisation and legal compliance
- Ensure compliance of the operation to Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure the smooth running of the night-shift cross dock operation
- Ensure efficient planning, reviewing and communication of operational requirement and change
- Setting/agreeing targets, and gaining commitment from direct reports to targets including budgets and plans.
- Monitor transport and general business KPI's, ensuring that they are met and continually improved upon.
- Provide leadership; encouraging a learning environment whilst developing staff
- CPC Holder
- Proven transport/depot management experience in an FMCG environment.
- Leadership skills including the ability to enthuse and motivate.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Drive, determination and a proven track record in delivering continuous improvement.
This role represents a superb interim opportunity to support the management of a busy Transport operation management for an industry leading 3PL at one of their key sites. If you are an experienced, ambitious transport professional looking for an interim opportunity, this role is for you!