Leading Engineering organisation actively seeking top talent to be part of a best practice procurement function. If you have a proven record in sourcing, excellent stakeholder engagement skills & the drive & passion to deliver we want to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Engineering & Manufacturing organisation that is looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to deliver hands on procurement solutions group wide maximising efficiencies, value and savings.
- Strategic Sourcing: Accountable for the development of category strategies and for ensuring the consequent execution of sourcing activities
- Supplier Relationships: Responsible for leading and co-ordinating designated supplier relationships and strategies. Lead and co-ordinate effective Supplier relationships within the designated external buy supply chain in accordance with the Supplier Relationship policy
- Cost Management: Ensure attainment of annual Purchase cost commitments
- Responsible for ensuring commercial negotiations are carried out in line with Category Strategies
- Delivery: Accountable for quality performance of assigned categories
- Quality: Accountable for quality performance of assigned categories
- Processes and Procedures: Accountable for ensuring adherence to the company’s processes and policies, maintaining purchasing systems to ensure associated KPI’s are met
You will have:
- Holistic commercial outlook with proven record of delivering efficiency across direct/indirect procurement categories
- Experience in cross-functional working
- Supplier Relationship Management experience at senior level
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Lean / Process Improvement experience
- Ability to manage sourcing projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders
- A proven track record in delivering results
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and cost drivers
- Full appreciation of Total Cost of Acquisition methodology
- Innate understanding of Supplier Relationship Management
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Buying
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Procurement
- £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Engineering / Manufacturing jobs in Category management