Purchasing Assistant (Temporary)
My client who are based in Bradford are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant to provide administrative support to the Purchasing Department to ensure a smooth and effective process. Including coordinating, developing and maintaining product codes and suppliers. Assisting with all inventory /consumable items to ensure minimal stock shortages.
My client are a UK based manufacturing organisation who are undergoing a period of growth, to support this they are looking to recruit a purchasing assistant
As the Purchasing Assistant within this business you will be responsible for the folliwing.
- Responsible for ensuring timely procurement of all Consumable/Non-inventory items requested by email or purchasing book
- Booking/Receiving of Non-inventory items that are delivered to Unit 10 (only)
- Analyse the 'Near Re-order level' report on a daily basis and process necessary purchase orders and/or call off orders relating to the information
- Ensure all deliveries are input into the correct unit calendar and all relevant information is liaised between departments on individual supply situations
- Follow up on orders to ensure that Inventory/Non-inventory items are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Ensure system information is input and up to date at all times including Supplier information, lead times, pricing and minimum stock values
- Update pricing from suppliers once agreed by Purchasing Manager
- Resolve any invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Stock take / counts when necessary
- Have general knowledge of all purchasing process including stock, non-stock and services
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing manager or any Management personnel
The successful Purchasing Assistant will ideally have the below key skills and qualities.
- Worked within a manufacturing environment
£18,000 - £20,000
Three month interim contract with an option to go permanent