IT Category Manager
My client a leading Media company is looking for an experienced and influential procurement professional to improve and drive best practice across procurement processes, policies and procedures.
The culture of the company is professional and accountable. This individual will have the responsibility of evolving and implementing strategic sourcing and category management. In addition this individual will have experience influencing and educating busy senior managers about best practice procurement.
You will have experience of working within a developed procurement function; rapidly sourcing information, engaging with key stakeholders, analysing spend, creating workable processes and policies to result in tangible cost reductions and more strategic procurement with a focus on a number of different spends across IT & Technology spend.
The ability to demonstrate the value of strategic procurement to the key stakeholders and provide evidence of cost savings via a more considered purchasing plan.
- Ability to and evidence of rapidly coming to strong commercial conclusions
- IT & Technology Procurement experience.
- Experience analysing and reporting data
- Experienced in creating formal strategic procurement plans for complex and established function.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to and experience of influencing commercial decisions at board level
- Strong Excel and IT skills are essential,