5 days left
- Full Time
My Sheffield based client are looking for an experienced Buyer to centralise the groups purchasing function to strategically reduce the supplier base and improve cost savings.
The client who I am working with are Europe's leading manufacturer and distributor within their market. A family run business, they have shown tremendous growth over the years which has helped retain their staff.
As a buyer within this business you will be responsible for the following
- Ensure all deliveries are input into the correct unit calendar and all relevant information is liaised between departments on individual supply situations
- Follow up on orders to ensure that Inventory/Non-inventory items are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Ensure system information is input and up to date at all times including Supplier information, lead times, pricing and minimum stock values
- Update pricing from suppliers once agreed by Purchasing Manager
- Resolve any invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Stock take / counts when necessary
- Have general knowledge of all purchasing process including stock, non-stock and services
The successful buyer will ideally have strategic purchasing experience. Relevant qualifications such as CIPS would also be ideal.
Minimum contract of 3 months
Salary between £25k-£30k BOE