My Sheffield based client are looking for an experienced Buyer to centralise the groups purchasing function to strategically reduce the supplier base and improve cost savings.
The client who I am working with are Europe's leading manufacturer and distributor within their market. A family run business, they have shown tremendous growth over the years which has helped retain their staff.
As a buyer within this business you will be responsible for the following
- Ensure all deliveries are input into the correct unit calendar and all relevant information is liaised between departments on individual supply situations
- Follow up on orders to ensure that Inventory/Non-inventory items are shipped and delivered on promised dates
- Ensure system information is input and up to date at all times including Supplier information, lead times, pricing and minimum stock values
- Update pricing from suppliers once agreed by Purchasing Manager
- Resolve any invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Stock take / counts when necessary
- Have general knowledge of all purchasing process including stock, non-stock and services
The successful buyer will ideally have strategic purchasing experience. Relevant qualifications such as CIPS would also be ideal.
Minimum contract of 3 months
Salary between £25k-£30k BOE