Planning Manager required for Manufacturer based near Llanelli.
To support the site business strategy through the management of an efficient and effective planning function. This involves driving through the KPIs determined at site level with regards to customer and planning management, forecasting, stock management, commercial awareness and day to day running of the planning team.
- To cascade and deliver the key business objectives and performance targets determined both at Group and site level in respect to all planning activities.
- To take accountability for planning production activities to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time and to specification.
- To produce and distribute weekly/monthly production plans to the Production, buying, technical and engineering teams.
- Establish a process to complete the weekly/monthly plan.
- To effectively and efficiently plan operations to ensure the optimisation of resources ensuring delivery of customer requirements adhering to customer standards.
- To proactively anticipate the challenges and issues with regard to the availability of materials to fulfil customer orders whilst ensuring senior management and interested parties are fully informed of the issues and potential solutions.
- To agree, implement and achieve all planning KPIs ensuring accurate recording of information to enable the KPIs to be measured. Where there are shortfalls, remedial action plans should be implemented to resolve them.
- To manage and direct the day to day operations of the planning team providing leadership, direction and communication of business critical and operational requests.
- To develop the planning tools to incorporate business changes and improve communication flows between departments.
- Overall accountability for the issue and distribution of the daily line plans, review on a regular basis whilst ensuring the information is accurate and as up to date as possible and deadlines are adhered to.
- To establish effective communication channels with direct reports and other members of the management team.
- To develop a culture of development, participation, management and leading of CI activities.
- To ensure that the Department and surrounding areas are well presented in GMP to the required standard during audits, factory visits and any activities are managed accordingly
- To ensure compliance with all site quality manuals
- To oversee and contribute to the profitable planning of the production operation.
- To take responsibility for the performance and development of those individuals reporting to the role holder, ensuring that performance related feedback is given. Ensure that all team members adhere to company policies, legislative requirements and customer trends.
- To promote initiatives that support the overall motivation, training, development and deployment of employee resources within planning.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to and a culture of safe working promoted.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.