IT Category Manager
Currently working with a Public Sector organisation, based in the Manchester region, who are in the process of rolling out a procurement transformation project. To aid this project, the business requires an IT Category Manager on a permanent basis to introduce "true category management" to their organisation.
Public Sector Organisation, based in the Manchester area, who require a IT Category Manager to add to their Procurement Function.
The role of IT Category Manager will oversee the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify needs and introduce commerciality where possible
- Work closely with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure efficient contract management
- Carry out market intelligence and highlight trends to ensure effective planning
- Carry out strategic supplier relationship management
- Full Category Management responsibility to maintain and increase savings on a regular basis
- Introduce innovative solutions to encourage further commercial benefit for the organisation
- Carry out thorough contract management
- Efficient Supplier Relationship Management
Ideally, the candidate will have the following background:
- Proven track record in Category Management
- Ideally, have exposure to IT Procurement
- Ability to effective stake holder manage both internally and externally
- Strong contract management
Competitive basic and package.