6 days left
- CIPS Membership
- Non CIPS member
LOCATION: Chatham, Kent ME4 4EL
SALARY: Circa £40k p.a. plus benefits
Life feels better when you love your job…
Here at Vanquis we do, and it’s what we believe has contributed most to our success.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002, this growth has been achieved by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
A great opportunity to join our Procurement Team, we’re looking for someone who’ll ensure we get the best possible value and efficiencies across our IT and other indirect spend categories.
Taking responsibility for the application of our Third Party Management policy, you’ll ensure procurement processes are run as smoothly and as efficiently as possible, taking account of all relevant regulation and risk factors. You’ll also ensure that upcoming opportunities to drive value through contract renewals are highlighted and actioned. As well as this you’ll also have the opportunity to negotiate contracts and carry out research on potential suppliers.
This is a fantastic role for someone to us their well developed negotiation and stakeholder management skills and take the next step in their career.
Skills and Experience
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in a results driven procurement role with specific experience in sourcing for IT
- You’ll be educated to degree level (or equivalent). A CIPS qualification is an advantage but not essential
- Computer literacy with experience in all Microsoft Office applications will be essential to succeed in the role. If you’re not already, you will need to become highly proficient with Excel
- You’ll have strong numeric and verbal reasoning skills
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and will be able to build rapport and relationships easily
- You’ll have the confidence and influencing skills to present ideas and solutions to stakeholders
- You’ll be organised, systematic and thorough in your work
- You’ll have experience of working in a small team, prioritising your own workload and able to multi task
- You’ll be able to work well in a pressurised and time bound environment
- You’ll respond and adapt to change in a positive way
Please note: Once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.