Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager
Competitive salary (additional market supplement may be considered)
37 hours per week – Permanent, full time
Based at North Kent Police Station, Northfleet
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement professional to undertake the role of Senior Category Manager for Kent Police and Essex Police within the Corporate and Operational Policing teams.
Kent Police and Essex Police Procurement Services team are a joint function, serving the two forces and are fundamental in ensuring the successful delivery of Policing Services to the people of Kent and Essex. From specialist purchases such as firearms, armoured vehicles and forensic equipment to standard goods and services such as stationery, cleaning and IT software; the Procurement Services team are responsible for ensuring both forces receive quality goods and services whilst delivering value for money.
We serve a wide and varied customer base, including internal officers and staff, Kent Police and Essex Police and Crime Commissioners and external partners and organisations - not forgetting our ultimate customer, the general public.
The role will come with a number of benefits such as internal fitness, health and welfare services, childcare vouchers, a 37 hour week and 28 days annual leave (increasing with length of service).
This is a challenging role which requires the successful candidate to:
- Lead strategy development for specific sourcing projects, identifying appropriate routes to market in line with Public Contract Regulations 2015;
- Create innovative sourcing strategies which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value;
- Prepare contract tender specifications and contracts for the supply of goods and services;
- Support other category team members through procurement processes ensuring full customer engagement and following OJEU sourcing methodology;
- Demonstrate leadership within the Procurement Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment and best-practice;
- Work with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and prepare for handover to Contract Management team for in-contract management;
- Lead on and work with, other procurement programmes across the Eastern Region Forces / Emergency Services on strategic requirements.
To apply for this role, you must be able to evidence the following skills/experience
• MCIPS qualification or recognised equivalent
• 5 years’ experience of working in category management
• Practical working knowledge and demonstrated experience of Public Contract Regulations 2015
• High level of IT skills including MS Office and a knowledge/ experience of e-Procurement
Experience of working in public and private sector is desirable as well as a high standard of both written and verbal presentation skills and experience of dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
This opportunity would suit a professional, highly-motivated and dynamic individual, with a good attention to detail, organisational skills and the confidence to communicate effectively at senior levels.