Purchasing Team Lead | FTSE 250 | Southampton
A FTSE 250 Organisation facilitating outsourced Procurement services for the Public sector is looking to appoint a Purchasing Team Lead to be based from their Southampton office.
This newly created role will be overseeing and leading a team of Buyers servicing fast-paced purchasing activities, taking ownership over day to day management, development and leadership of 7-8 direct reports.
- Accountable for the service delivery of a team of buyers
- Spot Buying and Quotation Management
- Training, Development and Leadership of a Junior team of Buyers
- Accountable for new client transitions into the Buying Team and service commencement
- Responsibility for all team savings targets and ensuring a fully compliant service
- Manage team output, identifying and advising of team capacity and utilisation issues to deliver client specified service levels to the agreed contractual SLAs & KPI’s pertinent to the client
- Understand the principles of OJEU legislation and keep abreast of legislative changes, ensuring team are fully conversant
- Proactively and continually developing the team, and managing team performance in line with business policies and processes
Skills & Experience
- Graduate Calibre
- Previous experience in Public Sector/OJEU Procurement Activity
- Leadership/Management experience of Buyers/Junior Buyers
- Excellent Multi-tasking skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Purchasing, Tendering and New bids experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
For more information please contact Tom on 01962 869838 or apply now!