Transport Manager position
Due to a very exciting acquisition my client is delighted to be in the position to bring a Transport Management vacancy to the Belfast market.
3 Month contract minimum with the chance of permanency.
Your new company
A major Pharmaceutical company in the Belfast area
Your new role
As the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for taking ownership and accountability for the transport and dispatch function within the branch, ensuring performance levels are achieved within defined financial and operational objectives.
- Foster A Culture of Safety - ensure a preventative culture of safety exists within the Transport Department
- Delivering Service Excellence - effectively manage and motivate transport and dispatch supervisory team and staff.
- Managing Costs and Driving Efficiencies - control and manage all cost distribution lines; continually analyse costs, value for money and drive efficiencies within the operation.
- Fleet / Safety / Legislation / Internal Compliance - deliver expected levels of internal and legislative compliance
- Branch Senior Management Team Support - be a key figure in the branch senior management team and provide the required level of support to achieve overall success of the branch.
- Planning for the Future - thinking ahead and anticipating change.
- Developing the Team - ensure all team members have the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours to optimise performance.
What you'll need to succeed
Required experience & qualifications
- Appropriate Warehouse Systems, Functions and Audit Trails - vehicle scheduling / delivery time maintenance etc.
- Manpower Management Procedures
- Specialist systems - Epod, Telematics, etc.
- Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures
- Absence Management
- Performance Management
- Basic Employment Law
- Health and Safety Procedures
- Branch Security Procedures
- Branch Targets/Deadlines
- (Working knowledge of) MCA / GDP / ISO / FTA / VOSA procedures
- Customer focused with experience within flexible, high demand service industries.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Financial Awareness - understanding branch budgets and implications of managing the transport function; and experienced in transport cost management
- Experience of managing a large driving team - ability to lead, motivate and communicate effectively.
- Experience of transport management systems and scheduling methodology
- Experience of fleet management and legislative operation requirements
- Have an appetite for success
- Converge around agreed priorities
- Set and demand high standards
- Make the journey enjoyable
- Certificate of Professional Competence
- Working towards or obtained Certificate of Management Studies or equivalent
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a very lucrative salary along with working hours which allow for a healthy work life balance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport professional to embark on a new career whilst being an integral part of the management team throughout this extremely exciting acquisition. You will be given the facility to gain exposure to a high volume / high value operation or add to your existing portfolio.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.