Interim IT Procurement Manager
Procurement Manager Opportunity, initially for 6 months, to join IT procurement team of a public sector organisation. You will act as key advisor on IT procurement matters to senior stakeholders, and will interact with internal stakeholders up to Director level in connection with IT procurement projects and spend. You will deliver IT procurement projects and ensure that compliant processes are conducted, Value for Money is achieved and business outcomes are delivered.
This will include:
- Delivering OJEU and Government Framework tender processes e.g. IT services re-tender, hosting agreements, software agreements
- Defining and implementing the procurement strategy for IT projects, identifying cost saving and value adding initiatives
- Taking ownership as required of key vendor relationships
- Advising stakeholders on procurement options and commercial models for IT
- Ensuring Value for Money is achieved from IT procurement activity
- Ensuring compliance with best practice and the Public Contracts Regulations
You will be a procurement professional with extensive experience in delivering tender processes within the public sector, particularly for IT contracts. You must demonstrate:
- Significant experience working within the Public Contracts Regulations (EU Procurement Directives) and delivering OJEU and Government Framework procurement processes
- Extensive experience in delivering end-to-end procurement processes for IT projects or programmes within the public sector, from market intelligence and sourcing strategy through to contract signature
- Extensive experience in negotiating contracts and renewals across IT spend categories, leading commercial negotiations and construction of commercial models, with demonstrated track record of achieving value for money and managing procurement risk.
- Experience managing IT vendors with annual multi-million spends
- Demonstrated experience in managing and building relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement best practice and developments in the IT procurement market.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Interim IT Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly