Procurement Specialist – Construction/Property (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Do you have Commercial experience gained in a complex Procurement environment with track record of identifying & delivering best outcomes & cost savings within a commercial environment? If so, then this could be an excellent career move for you.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint as part of their Property Procurement Transformation Programme, a number of hands-on commercial Procurement Specialists for initial 2 year Fixed Term Contracts to support the creation, development & implementation of innovative procurement strategies within the Property/Construction category to deliver year-on-year cashable savings and efficiencies. You will have strong interpersonal skills to work confidently with stakeholders and to support them in delivering Category Strategies using best practice Category Management tools and techniques to ensure successful implementation.
• Demonstrable track record of added value contribution.
• Experience of complex, dynamic environments with high levels of ambiguity and impact/risk.
• Recent experience in a modern procurement environment within a commercially driven organisation.
• Political sensitivity with the ability to establish quickly credibility with senior stakeholders.
• Evidence of success in building relationships across organisational, professional and operational boundaries.
• Demonstrable experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects
• Experience of working with key suppliers including performance development to meet business needs.
• Commercially astute with proven track record of delivering cost savings and added value.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships to support the delivery of change.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Good knowledge and understanding of EU procurement legislation and contract law.
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Degree or equivalent level qualification
• CIPS professional level
• Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.