This is a new role created as part of a company re-structure. The Procurement Manager will be expected to take management responsibility for the complete company supply base and will be a member of the site senior management team.
A pioneering supplier of castings for the defence and aerospace industries
- Ensure that supply chain costs are kept to a minimum in line with site budgets.
- Continually seek ways of reducing supply chain costs.
- Analyse suppliers to select most appropriate for quoting new business opportunities.
- Develop RFP/RFQ packages and distribute to preferred suppliers for new and existing business opportunities.
- Visit potential and existing suppliers to conduct supplier assessments to assess supplier capability, capacity and build relationships.
- Manage the company supplier risk management programme.
- Proactive management of the supply base with 100% OTIF delivery target.
- Scheduling of key raw material receipts from suppliers balancing the needs of production, warehouse availability and company cash flow.
Managing and motivating employees by deploying strong leadership qualities.
Managing and developing the team in accordance with company policies, processes and guidelines
- Provide sufficient information, instruction and training to all your reports to ensure competency levels are reached and training records kept up to date
- Carry out HR duties in a timely, professional manner such as appraisals and return to work interview
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Daily management of workforce; organising redeployment of employees according to business needs and employee absence.
The successful candidate will display the ability to remain calm under pressure, manage a varied and complex workload, as well as being able to establish effective working relationships with suppliers, stake holder and subcontractors.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, display excellent communication and influencing skills and be confident in making difficult business decisions.
U.K and oversees travel may also be an essential part of the role so a willingness and ability to complete this is also required
Great opportunity of a management position within an aerospace purchasing function.