Currently assisting a well respected Public Sector Organisation who are rolling out a procurement transformation project and need a Category Buyer to assist with this growth.
Public Sector Organisation, based in the Manchester region, who require a Category Buyer.
The role of Category Buyer will oversee the following responsibilities:
- To co-ordinate contract and supplier management
- Maintaining a database of contracts and supplier information
- To liaise and communicate with both internal and external stake holders to effective manage procurement strategies
- To take an active part in the continuous review, development and improvement of systems, processes and services
- To assist in developing and maintaining contact with new and and other relevant bodies to enable collaborative working and sharing of best practice.
Ideally, the candidate will have following background:
- CIPS/MCIPS Qualified
- Educated to degree level
- Strong track record in public sector procurement
- Good Contract Management
- Tender Management
- Strong stake holder management
Competitive basic and package