My client is a Global distribution business based in Birmingham. They are looking for a Transport Manager to be responsible for multi site operations.
Global distribution business based in Birmingham.
As Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing our UK wide logistics operations. The role will be based in Birmingham with regular travel to their secondary site in the North West.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of logistics and transport within the company's established logistics division
- Deliver targeted efficiency and financial improvements
- Responsible for management and development of the transport network
- Management responsibility for Transport Supervisors and Planners
- Network route optimisation
- Fleet compliance
- Management of drivers hours in line with WTD
- KPI management
- Responsibility for health & safety
The successful Transport Manager will have the following experience:
- Previous logistics experience is essential - knowledge of managing multi-site transport operations would be advantageous
- Proven knowledge of transport legislation and compliance for a fleet of vehicles
- Strong IT knowledge and experience of working with route optimisation and driver tracking systems
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits