Interim Transport Shift Manager
Interim Transport Shift Manager required to join leading 3PL based in the West Yorkshire area to assist during Peak.
Fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking distribution business during an exciting period of growth.
Leading 3PL based in the West Yorkshire area requires an Interim Transport Shift Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- To be fully responsible for the day to day management of the transport operations at the
- Support the Transport Operations Manager in the achievement of all customers daily KPI's and service level commitments.
- Lead employees within the transport department, by effectively managing a team of transport colleagues, promoting ongoing service and cost initiatives.
- Assign work schedules, train team members in departmental processes and monitor's their progress.
- Manage a shift, including motivation, training, work allocation, disciplinary, grievances and absence management to include return to work interviews.
- Ensure all legal and legislative procedures are used and carried out.
- Assist the Transport Operations Manager in the recruitment, training and development of all allocated staff.
- Utilise resources efficiently by minimising overtime and Agency labour to improve productivity.
- Ensure a strong leadership style, whilst demonstrating clarity and purpose in assigning tasks and goal setting for team.
- Operate and achieve KPI's set for the department.
- Identify operational improvements and work with senior management to implement.
- Identify a clear succession plan for key personnel.
To be considered for the role of Interim Transport Shift Manager you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of transport regulations
- People Management
- Influencing skills
- IT literate
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Proven track record of planning and forecasting
- Budget Management and cost controls
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £32,000 pro rata'd for the 12 week period. There is a potential opportunity for the successful candidate to be offered a permanent contract at the end of the 12 week performance dependent on business and personal performance.