Opportunity for an experienced Operations Supervisor - ideally within automotive to join a global brand. THREE SHIFT ROTATION PATTERN.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day running of the operational aspect of the DC, ensuring that each function is running smoothly and efficiently. This includes picking and packing of daily and international orders, direct dispatch, key accounts, stock control, returns, goods in and goods out.
To ensure that the DC Service Level Agreements are consistently met and that a high standard of customer service is maintained.
Motivating and leading a team of permanent and casual warehouse operatives to ensure that all orders are processed to a high standard and to deadline and that compliance and productivity of the DC meets customer requirements. To promote and maintain a 'right first time' approach
- To plan and control the picking and packing of daily orders. Ensuring that there is sufficient labour available to complete orders within the required service level agreements and within budget.
- Responsible for monitoring direct dispatch to ensure completion of days work volumes, and that sufficient consumables are available.
- To oversee the Stock Control element of the DC, to ensure that the goods in and goods out area is well managed, and that all stock is processed and maintained in accordance with the DC procedures. Ensuring that space within the DC is maximised to its full potential.
- To oversee the physical element of the Key Clients section to ensure that all orders are processed within the agreed service level agreement and are compliant with customer requirements.
- To liaise with the Operations Assistant and the HR Coordinator to ensure that all process are up to date and fit for purpose. That all warehouse operatives are both fully trained on and adhere to each process.
- To work with the HR Coordinator in the training and development of warehouse operatives. To participate with the induction of new starters and to provide support in developing and maintaining a training plan for each new warehouse operative.
- Working in conjunction with the HR Coordinator in managing the performance of warehouse operatives. To participate or lead in disciplinary hearings as required and to conduct regular supervisions with warehouse operatives to provide feedback on both poor and excellent performance.
- To support the Distribution Centre Manager in the ongoing improvements of the operational aspect of the DC suggesting and implementing changes where necessary.
- To ensure that all noncompliance issues are dealt with accordingly and to suggest and implement improvements to pre-empt any further compliance issues.
- To work closely with the Administration Coordinator, by maintaining a good working relationship to ensure that all orders handled by the DC are processed efficiently, correctly and within the agreed service level agreement.
A salary between £28,000 - £32,000. + Benefits