Fleet Depot Manager
Leading UK Automotive Business
Must Have Fleet & Breakdown Experience - Management of 300+ Vehicles Across Their Network
A well established Automotive provider are actively looking for a dynamic Fleet Depot Manager to oversee their Wiltshire based operation in Calne. With fantastic opportunities to progress within their network they are offering a dedicated individual an opportunity to take ownership of their own operation with full budgetary responsibility.
The Fleet Depot Manager will be accountable for:
- The performance of the Depot / Service Centre
- Full site P&L control
- Managing a team of 5 direct reports along with maintenance and workshop staff.
- Leading the team through transformation change and championing Continuous Improvement.
- Responsible for delivering the company customer service vision to a range of clients, including blue chip companies.
- Take ultimate responsibility for H&S on site
- Ensuring fleet workshops are opening their doors to the external commercial industry
- Help to deliver significant cultural and performance related transformations which will see them operate commercially with profit and loss accounts, deal directly with external and internal customers and have the accountability to drive critical improvements in performance and efficiency.
- Ensuring you operate with effective recruitment policies to build and sustain a team capable of delivering exceptional performance.
- Instill collaborative working practices with your peer group and wider business.
- Drive continuous improvement in Scorecard performance.
- Responsible for customer focused service delivery.
- Ensure supplier network fully aware of customer requirements and expectations
- Own and take responsibility for escalated supplier issues while working towards a customer focused outcome.
- Be conversant with all individual customer requirements.
- Attend customer review meetings
- Manage a team through a 24/7 - 365 day operation, in the National Breakdown Centre.
- Ensure sufficient staff is on hand to enable the breakdown, service delivery at peak periods.
- Coach direct reports for forward planning, resilience and subordinate management excellence.
- Manage the supervisory team for control of cost, vendor selection and efficient event completion.
- Supply effective training and development of staff, encouraging progression.
- Reduce cost of breakdowns through effective event management
- Vendor and internal network selection relevant to the events.
- Vendor management, for MI. KPI and charging structures.
- Analysis of events, identifying trends and sharing common failures
- Maximising recharge though close attention to reasons for failure.
- Quality of service delivery.
- Review of events, critique call recordings. Share findings with team members for training and development.
- Involve team members in vendor reviews for inclusion and engagement.
- Regular feedback of customer dissatisfaction and concerns to internal and external agents.
The Successful Applicant;
The successful candidate for the Fleet Depot Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
Have managed in excess of 300 vehicles previously
Experienced in managing teams of 100+ people
Have workshop / engineering experience
Be degree educated - Desirable
Be CPC qualified - Desirable
Have great commercial awareness
Have worked within a customer facing role previously - Advantageous
A proven track record of building and managing successful teams
Be proficient with IT systems including all Microsoft packages
Hold a full UK driving license
Be commutable to Wiltshire
The hours of work for this role are:
Monday - Friday
08:30 - 17:00
A salary of £40,000 - £50,000 PHC/ Pension/ Bonus 25 Days and Bank Holidays