The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the accurate and efficient assembly, checking and packing, loading and invoicing of customer orders for delivery. Working with the Shift Manager the Warehouse Supervisor will ensure KPI's and Service Levels are adhered to. The role will be based at one of the sites in St. Helens.
A well recognised Logistics business.
The role of the Warehouse Supervisor:
- Ensure continuous improvement through agreed KPI's, whilst still achieving service levels.
- To plan and control the daily shift requirements to ensure the efficient handling, from assembly to loading, within the time constraints of the shift.
- To develop good communication with, and work effectively with other departments to enhance the service to customers and to implement improvements as required by the Warehouse Manager.
- To establish stock availability and location of promotional stocks where necessary through liaison with Warehouse staff.
- To ensure all picking equipment and picking documentation is available to ensure the smooth commencement of the shift.
- Ensure that all goods received from suppliers are checked and documented in accordance with company procedures and where appropriate that incoming product temperatures are logged.
- Where appropriate, ensure regular temperature checks both between pack and hand held probe tests are completed and the information logged.
- To advise the Shift Manager of all stock problems that could affect the running of the shift.
The Successful Warehouse Supervisor:
- Will be prepared to work on a permanent afternoon shift
- Be able to cope with fluctuating volumes.
- Looking to progress to a Shift Manager and be able to step into the role covering holidays.
- Be able to manage performance, ensuring KPI's are hit, whilst adhering to agreed budgets.
Hours: Any 5 from 7 (14:00 - 22:00)