Head of Procurement
This excellent Head of Procurement opportunity to work with one of the UK's fastest FMCG businesses. Based in London, the business began in 2000, they have continued to and are looking for a passionate procurement professional to manage their end to end purchasing in a number of key categories (wood, plastic, ink, paper, packaging).
Details about the Client
PHOTOBOX - Photobox bring your photos to life! They create a variety product that are tailor made for the customer. Products include a range of tailor-made birthday cards, as well as putting personalised photos on canvases, mugs and phone cases. The success of the business has been driven internally by a collaborative working culture and a forward thinking ethos where they strive to be the best. We don't sell ‘off the shelf' products … we're personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers' photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We're in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind' and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
The PhotoBox Group of Companies boast more than 19 million members with approximately 7 million active customers in 22 countries. The estimated value of the combined group's core markets – the UK single card market and the European online photography market – is more than £2 billion and is growing at 17 % per annum.
Why else would I be interested£
Quite simply, you don't like standing still. You are passionate about working on different & ambitious projects from Day 1 - otherwise you'll be bored! You thrive on working with people from different nationalities, different cultures and languages. You want to work within a successful and recognised company, but you also want the freedom to bring forward your own solutions and to make your own impact. You want to work somewhere where people really do know each other by first name and where they genuinely want to help, challenge and learn. Most importantly, you want to work in a business where spreading joy is the mission and where we all have fun making it happen.
Detailed Job Description
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing a global procurement strategy for the Photobox Group, involving all of our sites across Europe. You will set key goals for strategic procurement in line with the corporate strategy and market trend, manage tenders and supplier contractual negotiations and build and drive the continuous sourcing cost reduction plan. The role focuses on high value and transversal suppliers.
Reporting into the Shipping & Procurement Director, the main purpose of this procurement role is to use Photobox's International scale and leverage to secure better terms than our factories and partners could achieve on their own.
Head of Procurement Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and execution of a global procurement strategy that supports the goals and objectives of the company and its customers.
- Lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- Drive procurement continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements.
- Develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal key stakeholders.
- Utilise procurement tools to profile, benchmark, research and assess the market, risks, competition, trends and new opportunities to ensure continuity of supply and that best value is achieved.
- Monitor and implement procurement strategies, quality assuring policies, working practices and procedures.
- Set and manage the budget and analyse spend across the business and report to management.
- Work collaboratively with Finance and other teams where procurement expertise could bring a positive impact.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- A Minimum 7 years' experience in procurement & commercial contracts management.
- Strong project management skills.
- An analytical and problem solving mind-set.
- A Passionate, self-motivated and proactive personality.
- Have extensive experience within a manufacturing business implementing change and managing a team.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills.
- Language skills would be helpful (German, French, Spanish….)
What's on offer
- Salary is up to £75,000
- A discretionary Yearly Bonus
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration is positively encouraged
- Based in Harlesden, North West London. - close to the station and Onsite Parking
- Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance & Dental Care
- Life Assurance x4 Salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £5000 Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
N.B: - all third party applicants will be forwarded to Michael Page
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYC13838206Z
Apply for Head of Procurement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly