Procurement manager, organisational transformation, change management. OJEU £50K.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a established large Profit for Purpose organisation servicing communities throughout Teeside and Yorkshire.
You will be responsible for the review and potential restructure of the procurement team, to include the development and implementation of a procurement framework/strategy which delivers value for money and excellent customer service, promoting best practice.
Working under the guidance of Head of ICT you will provide guidance to key internal stakeholders to ensure that any procurement activity is conducted in an effective and structured manner, in conjunction with the Procurement Team, compliant with its strategy and regulations.
The Procurement Manager will work alongside the Lead
Category Buyer and will report into the Head of ICT & Procurement (there will be no direct reports at this stage)
- Review and potential restructure of the Procurement Team, including the clear re-definition of roles and responsibilities to enable greater efficiency, equal distribution of workload and opportunities for personal development/succession planning within the team
- Review of historical/current procurement activity and development of a revised procurement strategy, KPIs and framework, providing clear guidance and documentation for the procurement of goods and services.
- Key areas of focus to include delivering value for money, in line with customer requirements
- Ensure that the revised procurement framework and process is launched effectively and adhered to consistently across Coast & Country, raising the profile and reputation of the Procurement Team's expertise and service provision internally and encouraging their early involvement in any procurement activity
- Support and advise the Head of ICT & Procurement with regards topical procurement matters/regulations as required.
- Challenging educating and marketing the use of best practice to ensure as an organisation procurement is seen as a positive influence within organisation
What you'll get in return
12 months minimum contract with perm opportunity. Working on an exciting and ever changing project role with an excellent team Great package and benefits.
What you'll need to succeed;
- Strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- A strong background within strategic and operational procurement ESSENTIAL experience of public contracts regulations procurement OJEU
- Demonstrable experience in procurement policy and strategy development
- Practical procurement experience of awarding contracts through quotation and tender processes in line with the EU directives
- Highly analytical, skilled negotiator and problem-solver
- A background in Public Sector essential, Housing desirable.
- MUST BE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE & AVAILABLE AT SHORT NOTICE
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.