The Senior Buyer will take ownership of Raw Materials for manufacturer, the company has built a strong supplier base in the UK and Europe but it would be beneficial if Candidates have worked with suppliers in the far east previously.
Our Client is a rapidly growing Consumer Goods company based in Bristol, with the recent success of it's E-commerce site the business is now shipping products worldwide.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Manage supplier relationships, including supplier selection, development, negotiation and management of contracts and monitor compliance with Supply Contracts, Agreements, Terms and Conditions
- Ensure suppliers have a continuous improvement philosophy
- Support on-going product development and cost reduction efforts by partnering with suppliers, Sales & Marketing and Operational departments to develop mutually beneficial strategies
- Responsible for all Raw Materials sourcing activity on new and existing product lines, to include plastics, metals, rubbers and textiles.
The successful Candidate will posses
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Strong analytic skills with the ability of creating dashboards and reports
- CIPS accreditation
- Exposure to suppliers in both Europe and Far East
- Solid understanding of ERP
- Cost down approach
40k-45k + Benefits