Procurement Manager - Hard FM
Procurement is a central function at Gatwick whose key role is to deliver commercial value, efficiency and support business units at Gatwick Airport.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a procurement manager with expertise in Hard FM Services and to drive good value decisions in the Engineering function. Working in a supportive team environment, the role holder will need to build relationships quickly, focusing on working with the right people at the right time to ensure that the business needs are met. There is a significant opportunity to recommend changes to process, working with the business to align on direction and focus of the Hard FM Category.
- Providing advice and professional procurement support to internal stakeholders.
- Leading the commercial and contractual interactions with external suppliers where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to improve commercial and operational performance.
- Running the end to end procurement cycle on some projects with oversight on others to ensure adherence to policy and consistency of approach.
- Understanding of category budget to drive change to the business spending behaviour and deliver cost savings.
- Execute various sourcing activities which generate benefits and achieve stretching financial savings targets.
- Able to influence and drive change across Procurement & Supply Chain.
- Play an active role in overall procurement team initiatives, process reviews and meetings; willing to bring energy and a can do attitude.
- Continuously improving the P2P “buying experience” of the GAL buying community.
- Liaise with GAL Legal on ensuring correct terms and conditions are used and any non-standard clauses are approved before use.