A challenging yet exciting role within a company who's operation is unique to any other in the North West.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager who's worked within a manufacturing environment and has experience in managing 3rd party Logistics providers and ensuring all agreed service levels are met.
A growing manufacturing business who have embraced the latest technologies within Logistics, they are forward thinking and are purely focused on delivering the best service to their customer.
- Manage day to day internal Logistics operations
- Daily/Monthly/quarterly reviews with internal 3PLs in coordination with Logistics Services.
- Keep the team prepared on contingency plans defined to assure efficient operations.
- Stock level management and required readiness when lack of stock coordinated with other teams involved.
Control internal logistics costs
- Manage service contracts defined by Logistics Services.
- If required, manage all fleet including FLT's, cherry pickers and mobile platforms.
- Own area maintenance requirement co-ordination with mill maintenance team
- Co-ordinate and audit satellite warehouses (as an extension of mill warehouses) in coordination with Logistics Services.
The successful Logistics Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of managing 3PL's within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Operational background within Logistics is preferred.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- You will need to be highly analytic and be able to identify areas of improvement.
- Degree qualified or equivalent would be preferred.
£40,000 - £50,000 + 10% bonus + life assurance + 4% pension + 24 days holiday including bank holidays.