Senior Procurement Specialist | Crawley
This leading service provider has operations spanning 5 key locations across Europe and currently service over 6 million customers making them the largest supplier by volume in their industry. They have a forward thinking and innovative approach to sustainability and are renowned for the various initiatives they have introduced on a national scale. Working in a highly competitive and dynamic industry they need employees who share their vision and allow them to retain their position as market leader. You’ll work within a fast paced, dynamic environment which will allow the right person to flourish and develop in this forward-thinking organisation.
This position will work with both key business stakeholders and the Supply Chain team, to support organisation’s business owners to develop and manage a suite of contracts & supplier relationships to support the ambition of the Business unit and organisation as a whole. This includes contributing to the identification of a range of third party services required to support the business plans, developing supply chain strategies, gaining Supply Chain Manager and Business Stakeholders “Buy in” and the timely delivery of a portfolio of contracts to support the agreed supply chain strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To identify requirements and support the delivery of the Supply Chain Strategy for the assigned category, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking account of other activities within the Supply Chain portfolio
- To generate and record savings for the company through effective supply chain management
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigate supplier risk
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services, to the required quality, in a timely manner and at agreed costs. Manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and delivered
- Ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to an agreed level, through effective contracts and the development of appropriate professional relationships with key suppliers and contractors
Skills and Achievements:
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with and advising Senior Management
- Experience of developing supply chain strategies for projects
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts
- Experience in negotiating high value contracts
This would suit a high performing Procurement professional seeking to develop their career in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment – please apply now!