National Transport Manager
Great opportunity for someone to take command of a Transport Operation and really make it their own.
A growing FMCG business who are looking for an experienced National Transport Manager.
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
- Optimise cost savings and adherence to budget;
- To ensure the operation achieves on time, accurate delivery, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
- To continually develop the department in order to provide a quality first class service to all customers;
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the vehicle operators license;
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable;
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensure the department complies with health and safety legislation;Ensuring transport financial performance is within budget;
- Responsible for the continued development of the Transport Team including performance plans and reviews;
- Accountability for health, safety and environmental requirements to operate the site;
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures;
- Liaise closely with other departments, building a detailed understanding of the warehouse and systems function;
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
- Manage the absence levels within the Transport team;
- A proven track record within Transport Management is essential.
- Previous experience within multi-drop transport is essential.
- National/International CPC is preferable.
- Good working knowledge of UK motorway network.
- Need to be IT literate.
£35,000 - £45,000 + company car + additional benefits.