Procurement Category Lead - London
About the client:
- My client is an extremely influential financial services organisation.
- They place great value on learning and offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
About the Role:
- You will act as key advisor on all procurement matters to senior stakeholders, and will interact with internal stakeholders up to Board level in connection with IT procurement projects and spend.
- You will deliver major IT procurement projects and ensure that compliant processes are conducted, Value for Money is achieved and business outcomes are delivered.
- You will deliver major tender processes e.g. IT services re-tender, hosting agreements, ERP, legacy to cloud migration.
- You will develop the IT procurement team’s capability through coaching and mentoring, developing and delivering processes and client guidance to keep abreast of developments in the IT industry (e.g. cloud).
- You will promote procurement, supplier and contract management best practice to stakeholders, including presentations and relationship management.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in delivering end-to-end procurement processes for major IT projects or programmes, from market intelligence and sourcing strategy through to contract signature.
- Extensive experience in negotiating contracts across IT spend categories, leading commercial negotiations and construction of commercial models, with demonstrated track record of achieving value for money and managing procurement risk.
- Extensive experience managing IT vendors with annual multi-million spends
- Proven ability in managing and building relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in managing individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement best practice and developments in the IT procurement market.
- Significant experience working within the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Experience of procuring services to migrate legacy infrastructure & applications to the cloud.
- Experience of procuring cloud based ERP platforms.
- Experience of procuring and negotiating cloud-based solutions
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent.
- Experience operating in a Professional Services or Financial Services environment.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and experience in working in a matrix management environment.
About the Offer:
£50,000 – £70,000
David Fort-Stephens, Consultant on 0161 234 0323 or email your CV to David.Fort-Stephens@psdgroup.com
Apply for Procurement Category Lead - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly