Commercial Manager - Technology
Do you have a strong track record of delivering value for money & best commercial outcomes from IT/Technology procurement projects which are compliant with procurement law & demonstrate best commercial procurement practice?
The primary responsibility for this role is planning and executing the procurement of goods and services that deliver best value for money. You will influence business strategy to deliver optimum commercial outcomes through proactive engagement and working collaboratively with key stakeholders. Pre-market engagement will be a further vital element, ensuring that suppliers and supply markets are utilised and prepared to deliver maximum value for money.
Our client offers career progression opportunities to candidates with the talent, ambition and drive to succeed in helping our client to deliver tangible outputs to the benefit of the wider economy.
You will have:
- Experience of managing large procurements for major supply contracts of complex goods and services within the IT/Technology category
- Knowledge of EU procurement law, Government Accounting and commercial best practice.
- Commercially astute and able to negotiate best value for money with suppliers in contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of financial models and application to procurement and contract management.
- Experience of maintaining procurement pipeline and managing competing demands for priorities and resources.
- Experience of monitoring and managing projects in accordance to established standards.
- Experience of developing business cases, presenting commercial options to business stakeholders and presenting commercial cases for approval at governance boards.
- In depth understanding and knowledge of relevant category, supply market, pricing and commercial practices.
- Ideally qualified or working toward CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (NVQ level 5) or equivalent.
- Travel around the UK may be required.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.