Procurement Manager (Group)
As the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies for the clinical healthcare business line.
You will lead and manage a multi-site team ensuring the procurement plans and projects are in line with company strategy and policies and deliver Year-on-Year bottom line savings.
Our client is recognised as a leader in its field. This diverse organisation can trace it's roots back over 150 years and lives by it's values ingrained in it's staff and vision for growth.
* Develop sourcing strategies with the procurement team setting out clear projects, timelines and financial savings targets.
* Present the sourcing strategy to senior business leaders for approval and inclusion within the wider company vision and budget.
* Lead and execute sourcing projects to ensure each product category delivers against the agreed sourcing plan.
* Ensure strategies and projects remain current and deliverable through continual research and analysis of markets, products, commodities and suppliers.
* Support and lead the procurement team through negotiations including the negation of price pressure.
* Conduct and oversee risk assessments of all procurement activity, to guarantee a secure and highly reliable supply chain.
* Manage supplier relations, coordinating with the purchasing team where required.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of all regulatory requirements ensuring all sourcing activity is compliant with our QA policies.
* Manage the multi-site procurement team to ensure a cohesive efficient department.
* Ensure implementation of best practice Purchasing Policy and drive compliance of group and local agreements.
* Conduct supplier visits and audits, including regular trips overseas.
* Seek out and identify new products which may enhance the company portfolio. Support and liaise with internal stakeholders to identify product innovations and apply sourcing guidance and lead accordingly.
* Provide procurement support to the Tenders and Quotes department to ensure all bids are competitive; sourcing new components, re-negotiating current pricing, identifying alternative products.
* Work closely with the commercial functions to capture any changing customer and market demands and adapt strategies as required.
* Approve and improve procurement documents and processes.
* Produce a suite of reports, concisely reflecting the month activities, results and future prospects.
* Liaison with clients to maintain strong relations and keep abreast of changing environments.
* Pay close attention to detail, be systematic and very well organised.
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated background in a procurement management role with a proven ability to execute sourcing strategies to deliver Y-on-Y savings.
- MCIPS/FCIPS or relevant Academic Qualification
- Evidenced skills in the management and development of a diverse supplier base and product range, to ensure the department supports the company strategy and targets.
- Proven Managerial background within a diverse skilled team is essential.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with a proven ability to deliver bottom line savings Y-on-Y.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communication, networking and influencing
- Highly numerate and creative problem solver
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Excellent written English and verbal skills
- Advanced MS Office and skilled in data usage from ERP/MRP
- Ability to listen to and influence at any level to build and develop effective working teams
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team
As well as the chance to join a Progressive Organisation at a group level you will receive a Very Competitive Salary, Car/Allowance and Excellent benefits.