The role is a 2 YEAR FTC to Permanent post as a Commercial Officer supporting complex commercial projects delivering contract activities.
Commercial Officer in Leeds; The work within the business is incredibly exciting and you could be involved in a wide variety of projects during your commercial career. The projects and programmes vary in magnitude and value. As a result the contracts required to support these vary in complexity, size, value and duration, ranging from thousands to multi-billion pound contracts lasting months to 20+ years.
We need talented, flexible thinking people, who can support this need. The work you would be involved in will make a real difference to the north region, as well as providing value for money for the taxpayer.
The Commercial Officer, Leeds / Manchester will be at the heart of all kinds of commercial projects and your responsibilities can include:
- Leading and assisting with the development of appropriate contracting methods and strategies;
- Negotiating with industry including pricing negotiations;
- Evaluating contract documents;
- Developing supplier relations;
- Assisting with the development of commercial policy and implementation;
- Provision of commercial support and advice
- Leadership and people management.
In addition to an existing knowledge and understanding of procurement principles and practices, you will have experience in: - End to end tendering experience
- Large and complex contracts
- Managing multiple contracts concurrently
Experience in managing contracts of sales or selling spare capacity would be desirable.
Experience in the Public Sector, Transport, Rail or in a regulated environment, would be a huge asset - as would experience of the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) or of working on projects of national significance.
Your Commercial experience can be from a career within the private sector and/or the Civil / Public Service.
You will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary of £39000 p.a. with the ability of future additional pay subject to performance and annual pay rewards. based in Leeds