SENIOR PROCUREMENT MANAGER GENERALIST
Our client, a prestigious, recognised charity based in central London, is currently looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to save and deliver strategies as the client undergoes a number of multi-million pound projects. This position will manage and implement the Procurement approach to the agreed scope, help reduce costs whilst of course adhering to the best practice. This is an advanced role reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. The successful applicant will have experience with OJEU tendering as you will be focusing on leading and seeing through the delivery of projects. Our client is looking for someone to join them and assist as they maximise value for money for the charity. You will be working in a team of nine delivering fact based, insights and recommendations to always achieve high performance. If you want to make a help to make a difference and have excellent levels of stakeholder engagement and a record of running public sector procurement projects this role could be for you.
Main Responsibilities of this exciting role:
- Managing Procurement spend and owning the end to end tendering process complying with the OJEU regulations
- Leading the procurement team alongside the senior stakeholders and continuously seeking to improve value by building strong and robust relationships.
- Ability to build, develop and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal, performance monitoring to ensure deadlines are met.
- Deliver breakthrough results.
- Ensuring the smooth completion of deals and complex projects.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Confident and strong negotiation skills.
- Passion to ensure that procurement is viewed as a positive within the organisation.
- Generalist experience of working within a procurement function.
- Clear communication skills both written and verbally.
- CIPS level 4 or above
- Ability to engage with professionalism and communicate effectively on potentially complex procurement regulations.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.