Transport Team Manager
The Transport Team Manager will report to the Transport Section Manager and will manage driver resources and performance whilst on shift, ensuring a smooth and efficient transport operation that completes all deliveries on time, in full. The role will be based permanently in St. Helens.
A well respected Logistics provider with a number of sites across the UK.
The role of the Transport Team Manager:
- To ensure Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work are adhered to within the Transport Department and all areas associated with delivering to the customer through the timely and accurate reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Maintain and further develop a high level of teamwork and morale within the Department
- To build rapport, trust and respect from the client and other internal customers
- To meet customer needs and deadlines acting with the customer in mind
- To motivate, develop and manage a team
- To deal with any disciplinary/absence related matters in line with Company procedures
- To ensure legal compliance is adhered to within the Transport Department so that any audits, whether internal or external, are conducted with satisfactory results
The Successful Transport Team Manager:
- Must have previous in depth experience of working and managing people within a Transport environment
- Must have working knowledge of Disciplinary and absence procedures
- Must have experience of handling multiple or complex issues under pressure
- Must have experience of building customer confidence through demonstrating a knowledge of the operation
- Must have a working understanding of legal requirements for transport operations
- Must be an effective time planner with the ability to balance workloads and work to deadlines whilst demonstrating commercial awareness
- Must have the ability to form strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism
Hours: 4 on 4 off rotating Days and Nights