Senior Capex & Plant Buyer
This Senior Capex Buyer position is responsible for coordination of procurement activities for several locations within UK with some complex procurement requirements, including managing procurement processes, providing location procurement support and planning, managing supplier events and relationships, and implementing sourcing strategies.
My client is a global leader in their field, where they have over 100 years of experience in helping people thrive in over 50 countries. My client have committed to reducing their environmental impact and improving local communities.
- Responsible for relationship management of significant suppliers; may develop and leverage existing supplier partnerships for sites in UK.
- Coordinates and pro-actively provides Sourcing/Procurement support to the UK
- Establishing Contracts, Pricing structures & Vendor Mgt. for PM&S OPEX (Spares parts, consumables & services) across Businesses realizing spend synergies across projects.;
- Strategic Sourcing policies) within moderate GBP limits including
- Gathering and performing complex analysis of internal spend data
- Gathering specifications/requirements from internal stakeholders
- Researching supplier options
- Collecting supplier bids and perform analysis of results (e.g. determining best value supplier from multiple supplier quotes)
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring requests are processed for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies for local use from various plant/location staff or a procurement/inventory management system (e.g. Maximo ) for nondiscretionary, contracted spend, such as stock replenishment or planned spend
- Will work with Strategic Sourcing organisation for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in excess of established boundaries & limits.
- Delegates administrative duties to support staff as appropriate (e.g. processing procurement requests and preparing purchase orders, scheduling/expediting/confirming delivery, etc.).
- Identifies and implements, under guidance of Process Excellence Specialist, improvements for procurement transaction processes within the business.
- Works with plant/location staff to gather and interpret information and applies a general understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasting of medium term supply needs and ensures purchasing plan is aligned.
- Conducts research and analysis (e.g. internal/external data from traditional and non-traditional/non-structured data sources) requiring an advanced understanding of operations and business requirements (e.g. product development plans, marketing projections for new products, planned product line expansions, etc.) as well as sourcing environment (e.g. suppliers, cost drivers, international market dynamics, geopolitical risk, import/export laws, etc) for Business.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 3 + years of relevant sourcing and procurement experience in CAPEX including knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures in CAPEX &OPEX field
- Knowledge of general purchasing tools and common approaches
- Analytical skills an ability to prioritise
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Flexible, autonomous working and assertiveness is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Negotiation skills are essential
- Able to work in very dynamic structures (internally and externally)
- Fluent in English, other European languages are an advantage
- Prepared to travel 30 % of your time, mainly UK
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Manufacturing experience
- Technical skills
The Client is offering a base salary of up to £40k plus very competitive package for the ideal candidate