To ensure that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications.
Global manufacturing organisation based in Staffordshire.
- To work on and play an important role in all NPI projects
- To manage commodity spend circa £5 million and oversee the purchasing spend from cradle to grave
- To work closely with suppliers introducing new suppliers, auditing, contract negotiation, supplier management.
- To ensure quality standards are met including knowledge of PPAP and APQP compliance
- To work alongside supplier development engineers dealing with project readiness and supplier exit strategies, APQP.
- To achieve annual cost reduction targets
- Drive improved levels of transparency
- To work with global teams to understand lowest total cost of acquisition for specific categories.
- Implement LTA's with assigned suppliers.
- Work with supplier development engineers on VA/VE and implementation of lean tool and techniques to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Monitor supplier financials and report any at risk suppliers
- To lead global supplier relationship management activities.
- Degree educated, with a minimum of 4/5 years' experience with direct procurement in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- A confident communicator, resilient, inquisitive in nature and ambitious.
- Can read basic mechanical engineering drawings.
£35,000 - £45,000 + benefits