A national stockist/distributor is looking for a Transport Supervisor to be based at their site in Gloucester.
Our client is a nationally renowned stockist distributor who a boast a prestigious client portfolio. They are looking for a Transport Manager to join their professional outfit in Gloucester.
- Managing 30 Drivers and 40 vehicles
- Focused on maintaining and establishing an effective, happy and reliable fleet of Drivers
- Develop a distribution operation with suitable fleet profile, utilising outsourced solutions where financially/environmentally appropriate in order to satisfy customer demand.
- Manage company facilities in line with that profile and the requirements of the business continuity plan
- Arranging vehicle maintenance, MOTs and relations with vehicle providers.
- Organising vehicle replacements
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers conform to relevant health and safety and Road Traffic legislation
- Ensure route planning and vehicle loading is appropriate and suggest improvements where possible
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems
- Contribute to the development and communication of transport policies and procedures
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transport operations
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of accidents to improve safety procedures
- Remain current with latest transportation technology systems and procedures
- Advise management team on the interpretation and likely impact of developments in relevant legislation and best practice
- Previous Transport Management experience within the FMCG industry;
- Previous experience in managing all aspects of Transport in specific the disciplined control of Drivers and Controllers;
- A motivating supervising style to achieve objectives and meet targets;
- A reviewer of practices and procedures with the goal of improving these processes;
- Disciplined approach to all paperwork and documentation;
- Computer literate;
- Commercial knowledge of transport and distribution, and;
- Previous knowledge and experience within an FMCG environment.
- £20,000 - £24,000 (dependant on experience)
- 12:00 - 20:30 - (must be flexible)
- Monday - Friday
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme,