The role of the site Buyer is to validate and input customer orders into our internal system as well as purchasing raw materials and maintaining the delivery performance of the associated supply chain.
My client is one of the leading steel stock-holding businesses within the UK. With an abundance of companies within the group, their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
As the site Buyer you will be responsible for the following.
- Purchasing of raw materials, maintaining stock levels and organisation of incoming stocks.
- Validation of the production route and costs.
- Internal inputting of customer orders to the system.
- Building relationships with all external suppliers.
- Assist the other members of the production team to ensure timely, accurate output of all works orders.
- Participate in several weekly production meetings to ensure all jobs are processed efficiently and to customer delivery deadlines.
- Provide guidance/support to the sales team on material availability, expected delivery dates and lead times.
- Liaise with the works team to ensure works orders are delivered / collected in time to satisfy the customer delivery date.
- Raise and send service orders to the supply chain for an array of products and services.
The successful candidate will have a high level of personal organisation & time management and have knowledge of the oil and gas sector ideally gained from working within the steel industry. Prior experience within a purchasing role is beneficial.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and identify their needs as well as having excellent IT and problem solving skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a high performing team. On offer is a competitive salary.
£25,000 - £30,000