Materials Buyer - Construction
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a private house build company in a newly created position. With accountability for delivery of on time products and materials required for the development. Reporting directly into the Operations Director, this is a excellent time to join a growing company.
A privately funded house builder who build a small number of houses annually, generally in the £1M+ price range, operating on no more than two sites at any time. This allows them to take a very hands on approach and they are passionate about delivering exceptional quality homes that both they, and their customers, can be proud of.
- Accountable for delivery of all materials and plant required
- Produce monthly budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for site
- Reporting of Monthly progress meetings with Senior Stakeholders
- Obtain pre-tender quotations and resolve material specification issues
- Ensure materials are procured at the best available price
- Knowledge of the construction/ building environment
- Great negotiation and communication skills
- Background in pre- build or construction materials
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Background in working in a regulated environment
A highly competitive salary is available and will be discussed with interested candidates