Site Purchasing Manager
Do you have the drive, passion & direct manufacturing procurement skills & experience to develop & implement local & group strategies for direct & indirect goods & services procurement for a key manufacturing site?
As Site Purchasing Manager, you will strategically manage the sourcing, negotiating and contracting to ensure supply of services and goods to the Surrey site from the external market place by applying best Purchasing practises for assigned categories. Develop effective business relationships with suppliers, Business Partners and other team members.
You will be responsible for:
- Leveraging key organisational capabilities to implement and execute Category Strategies consistent with the company's overall goals and objectives to ensure external spend optimisation and supply-security within assigned categories
- Taking active part in cross functional projects to realise savings potential and execute identified business opportunities.
- Strategically manage in an autonomous independent working style to deliver quality and value to the Group. Lead project teams in a cross functional relationship to execute processes and strategies.
- Running analysis to forecast usage patterns and to predict trends by using expertise to strengthen the company's position within the external markets.
- Managing the tender, onboarding and governance processes with appropriate purchasing suppliers within respective categories.
- Keeping abreast of trends related to assigned categories within the industry, leverage those to identify opportunities
- Executing risk management processes to mitigate identified, evaluated and classified sourcing risks in order to ensure continuity of supply
- Aligning with the respective Business Partners and delivering best value/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships, whilst promoting the value of purchasing and increasing the compliance to the purchasing procedure.
- Owning and driving the supplier relationship management process across the supplier base, managing and maintaining it for assigned categories.
- Targeting the optimisation of the business relationship with suppliers to gain market intelligence and implement agreed performance levels.
- Working together with business partners in building mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers to continuously improve performance or resolve potential issues at an early stage.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Experienced at buying direct and indirect manufacturing purchasing categories
- Manages complex categories /groups of categories / projects / suppliers
- Skilled negotiator
- Ability to work independently and in an ambiguous environment
- Extensive experience of procurement in goods, services, capital items
- Project, change management, assertiveness and influencing skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under the pressure of crisis situations
- Strong commercial acumen
- Working with a matrix management environment
- Cultural dexterity
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Experienced at successfully developing and implementing sourcing plans for various spend categories
- Skilled communicator – able to interact and present effectively at all levels
- Excellent at building relationships with business partners
- Sense of urgency, timeliness and quality of work
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.