Purchasing and Inventory Manager
Reports to: The Directors/Operations Board
Contract type: Fixed Term for 1 year with the view to becoming permanent upon achievement of the objectives for the new role.
Hours: 40 per week excluding meal breaks
Salary range: £28 – 30,000 depending on experience
Icon Connect are a world leader in the design, installation and support of Audio Visual, IT and Security systems for Super Homes and Superyachts. More information at www.iconconnect.com
To set up and run a centralised function for the procurement of goods and services for Icon Connect including but not limited to: materials for projects such as cable and electronic equipment, utilities and mobile phones etc. To have make a positive contribution to the profitability of the company through cost savings. 'The post holder will work closely with Finance, the Design Department, the Project Managers and Engineers to co-ordinate purchases across projects and will work with the Operations Administrator to control the stock in the small warehouse.
Main duties and responsibilities: (not in priority order)
- To set up a small business purchasing function initially using internal processes.
- To review the current internal sourcing and procurement processes and to provide recommendations for improvements and to implement agreed new processes.
- To review and formalise current supplier terms and conditions, including credit limits payment and warranty terms. To ensure all departments are aware of terms where applicable.
- To obtain pricing for products to support the quotation process and keep a record for comparison at time of purchasing.
- To manage the procurement of goods and services from suppliers both in the UK and internationally.
- To work with finance at time of purchase of equipment to ensure the most profitable currency is used to purchase in.
- To place all orders using the internal Purchase Order (PO) system.
- To negotiate with suppliers the best prices, terms and conditions and to build strong relationships with them.
- To match invoices and purchase orders to ensure that prices invoiced by suppliers are in accordance with the order placed.
- To aggregate purchases common across projects to achieve discounts and negotiate call-off facilities with suppliers where appropriate.
- To reduce the total cost and inventory of consumable items.
- To ensure that deliveries of items are in accordance with actual project requirements, to maximise credit periods.
- To attend meetings with suppliers at their premises as required.
- To keep appropriate records of agreed discount and pricing structures with suppliers along with other relevant terms and conditions.
- To securely and accurately manage the control of warehouse stock, keeping it to a minimum. To re-use equipment returned from projects or dispose of excess stock as soon as possible by returning it to suppliers where possible for 100% refund or to dispose of it using tools such as eBay.
- To provide monthly reporting on progress with achieved cost savings.
- To support the finance function with information for cash flow planning for project purchases.
- To keep a fully up-to-date stock list
- To advise finance of inventory value changes for insurance purposes
NB: This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post. It is not an exhaustive list and duties may change in line with business needs. The post holder is expected to also carry out any other duties in line with the scope of the post at the request of Management.
- To have a minimum of 5 years relevant procurement experience within a small business environment.
- Have a thorough understanding of costs from source to destination.
- Self-motivated and able to set up a new function and systems without close supervision.
- To be an excellent negotiator and communicator able to bring colleagues on board with new ideas and systems.
- MS Office – Word, Excel Outlook.
- Must be verbally and articulate in writing and able to construct well formulated reports.
- General Administration experience within a small company.
- Must have a full clean driving licence to be able to attend supplier meetings.
- A member of the Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Previous experience of setting up a procurement function from scratch.
- Excel advanced.
Apply for Purchasing and Inventory Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly