Senior Buyer - Packaging and Ingredients
Rapidly growing FMCG business require a senior buyer to manage predominantly their packaging spend but also some ingredients spend.
Global FMCG business with a multi-million pound turnover are expanding their business in the UK. In 2019 they will be opening a new HQ in Hampshire as part of their UK growth. Now is an exciting time to join this business.
- Procure ingredients and packaging materials
- Put in place appropriate SRM techniques for suppliers you are responsible for
- Monitor external market trends
- Lead RFI's/RFP's where appropriate
- Responsible for the ongoing contract management of your key suppliers
- Work with key suppliers to present new innovations to the business
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practise tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, procurement policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contract award process
- Carry out strategic sourcing exercises to find new suppliers within the ingredients and packaging categories.
- Resolve any supplier operational disputes within a timely manner.
- Direct procurement is key
- Packaging experience is a MUST!
- Ingredients exposure would be ideal
- FMCG background would be preferred
- MCIPS or degree desirable
Competitive salary and package