Interim Category Manager
Our client require an interim category manager with pharmaceutical experience to start immediately. Direct and Indirect procurement experience is a must.
Global pharmaceutical business with a £300 million turnover require an interim category manager.
- Lead initiatives to reduce cost base, increase flexibility and underpin supply reliability within the supplier base.
- Provide support to Clinical Development for vendor selection, negotiating agreements, work orders and change orders across global clinical development programmes.
- To provide tactical support for ad hoc purchasing requests and contract related queries.
- Negotiate preferential contract terms with suppliers and mitigate risk for the business and work alongside the in-house legal team to draft contractual language.
- Provide strategic insight and awareness of industry best practices for service provider selection and management.
- Responsible for the negotiation of agreements using favourable pricing models including the consideration of value-based pricing models.
- Building strategic relationships with key vendors supplying critical services
- Participate/lead vendor governance meetings
- Participates and/or leads departmental process improvement initiatives. Ensure compliance with procurement processes and deliver procurement-related training to the business.
- Support quality team in drafting new processes.
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with business values.
- Adhere to company policies on health, safety and workplace policies
- Ensure compliance with all local laws regulating commercial activities and that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with business values.
- Procurement experience within the pharmaceutical or medical devices sector is strongly preferred.
- Degree in science or business discipline, or equivalent. In addition CIPS or MBA qualified preferred.
- Experience with the pricing of clinical services, the respective roles of the institution, investigator and clinical departments, including points for negotiation and compromise.
- Practical experience in identifying existing arrangements and agreements where additional value could be added to the business.
- Knowledge and application of project management methodologies.
A competitive day rate