Head of Supplier and Contract Management
An exciting Head of Supplier and Contract Management opportunity for a major name organisation, based on the south coast. Good package with up to 20% bonus potential.
As Head of Supplier and Contract Management you will lead the development, implementation and execution of leading edge Supplier Relationship Management strategies in capital, indirect and operational spend areas. Particular areas of focus will be NEC engineering / construction IT, HR and other Outsourced services contracts. The role also encompasses Fleet contracts, so some experience here would be beneficial.
Your remit will be to drive the development of the business’s Supplier and Contract Management framework and capability; to ensure that opportunities to improve and achieve competitive advantage are captured and that value is protected and enhanced post contract award.
As Head of Supplier and Contract Management, you will manage a team of Senior SRM’s and Senior Contract Managers and indirectly a team of around 20; so you will need an ability to develop individuals, nurture talent and build a team. This position will require a high level of stakeholder management and engagement across most directorates within the business, so you will need the gravitas and credibility to gain buy-in from senior level stakeholders.
- To lead and manage a team of Commercial Contract Managers and Supplier Relationship Managers ensuring that leading Commercial Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management practice techniques are employed both by themselves and the team to drive maximum value for the business, whilst maintaining compliance to all Supplier Relationship and Contract Management policies, processes and systems and providing robust risk management across the entire outsourced portfolio.
- To develop senior working relationships across the organisation that allow the: early involvement of Procurement in any external third party spend for the relevant categories, identification of joint Procurement and business initiatives and development of collaborative working between the company and the external third party supply chain, to drive cost reduction and supplier relationships that achieve ongoing value creation.
- To achieve annual savings targets as agreed with the Head of Procurement and senior business stakeholders.
- To drive collaborative working across Category teams ensuring Supplier Relationship and Contract Management is considered in the development, execution and implementation of Category and or Strategic Sourcing Strategies and that post contract award lessons learnt are captured in the development of Category and or Strategic Sourcing Strategies.
- To provide commercial management from contract award through to project completion and or contract expiry, including the validation of contractor payment applications and administration of contract notices (early warnings, compensation events)
- Implementation and monitoring of a risk management framework to ensure compliance to contractual processes, obligations and commercial governance
- Lead the development and implementation of a Supplier development, innovation and continuous improvement programme, identifying and gaining support for initiatives that take the company from median performers to industry leading in cost and operational efficiency
- Lead the development of strategic supplier relationships and communication, cultivate transparent supplier relationships so that the Company is seen as their ‘customer of choice’
- An experienced Procurement and or Commercial Management professional with demonstrated evidence of employing leading practice commercial management strategies to deliver savings targets across Capital and Operational expenditure categories, including direct and indirect spend areas
- Proven knowledge of defining, implementing and developing a Supplier and Contract Management function within a Strategic Procurement and or Commercial department
- Significant procurement or commercial management experience
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of contract forms, such as NEC, and experience of contract drafting
- Experience in leading complex contract claim and dispute management
- Experience of leading complex commercial contract negotiations
- Demonstrated effective strong leadership across a team of experienced Procurement and Commercial Contract Management professionals with the ability to motivate them to achieve their objectives
- Skilled at managing senior relationships across the organisation / Able to persuade and influence at the highest level.
- Recognised as a Procurement and or Commercial Management professional and expert.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Essential: Relevant Professional qualification - Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent, RICS chartered or similar experience
- Desirable: experience of OJEU and or Utilities Contract Regulations.
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Supply chain Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999