Commercial Contract Officer
Are you a commercial professional seeking a new challenge? This role is for you, with a wide variety of contracts to source, retain and negate you will support high value, high risk relationships with partnerships to drive innovation and value for money. Commercial Contract Officer Leeds
This is a post in the Rail, Transport sector working on provider contracts delivering services to the public and government. Contracts range from planning, rolling stock and other commercial projects such as IT and shared revenue generation.
The prime purpose of this role is to contract manage a major strategic contract(s) to ensure that appropriate commercial and performance management, contract process management (including risk management), supplier relationship management and governance is in place and applied over the life of the contract(s)
- Negotiating revised commercial arrangements as part of the day-to-day workload and as necessary for larger commissions, pulling together other specialist support (e.g. finance, legal) as required to provide assistance in these negotiations
- Ensuring that best practice supplier relationship management is in place and applied over the life of the contract.
- Establishing the required relationship values and objectives, establishing working arrangements which support these, measuring the achievement of these values and objectives and putting plans in place to deal with gaps and to develop the required relationship outcomes.
- Implementing, overseeing and/or managing the communications protocols, with responsibility for corporate communications relating to the contract as appropriate.
Drafting and presentation of financial and written reports and/or presentations tailored to suit the target audience inc. Boards, Members, Client and Customers
- Commercial Contract Officer Leeds
Excellent commercial acumen. Skills related to contract management, demonstrating abilities in contract practice and procedure and knowledge of legal/financial principles.
An awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
Developing strategic and tactical approaches and delivering on key policies in relation to contract management, involving work with officers in other departments and partners across the wider public sector at all levels
Experience of Procurement and Contract Management inc. commercial negotiation of significant value and/or risk
£35000 - £42000
Pension, Holiday, Agile working